Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Ok Goody. Hear me out.

Hi Readers!

Tonight I came back from an information session for opportunities at Newell Rubbermaid and while their brand portfolio is HUGE, there is one brand that stuck out in my head. As you know by now, when I look at a product, or a specific brand, my brain is over-freaking-loading with ideas that I could contribute. So here's my SBG plan for.... (drumroll please)... GOODY!

1. Logo: I know you guys changed the logo from that horrendous Ford Blue
logo, but when I look at this new logo, it just doesn't feel all the way there. Something is missing and I can't pin that something down per se, but it is as if the colors are one or two hues off. When I look at this logo, I get a "Great Value" feeling and given that this is an actual branded product, one would want their consumer to think more that just a "Great Value" product. If I worked at Goody I would want to reposition the brand to a products that their girl (or guy?) can't live without. When that consumer goes to the store, the only product they want are Goody branded products. While that level of brand equity comes from more than hue changes in the logo, its a start. So please, test out some different hues on the magenta and blue in the logo. I promise you won't regret it :)

2. Tremor Project! : I know you've heard of this project since it was founded at P&G by your CMO Ted. Yeah, thats right. Me and Ted are on a first name basis. Ok, maybe in my dreams, but back to the topic :) While I don't want to go into all the details of the Tremor Project (google it), the main objective is "driving business with consumer advocacy" and while Goody does have one with their "Girls on the Run" advocacy project, it would be so great if they had another project that tied into what Americans are most concerned about.

- Idea 1. Unemployment rates are still low these days. What if Goody came out with a series to help women look professional for job interviews? You could have sessions on helping woman professionally style their hair with Goody products. The bottom line? A confident you is a successful you. The idea is more current and imperative with the status quo and reaches an older demographic than the young girls from their Girls on the Run Project (which is still think is fabulous!).

- Idea 2. Hmm... Actually Idea 1 is all I got. But Goody, if you're actually reading this, allow me to properly pitch you my first idea! There's much more to it than that one paragraph.

3. Globalize! : This is honestly purely selfish of me as I think all companies should take advantage of the Asian demographic. But of course, you gotta do what's right for your company.

Thats all for now folks. SBG Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment